Title: Balance
Pairings: Mohinder/Sylar
Rating: PG
Word Count: 452
Summary: Mohinder wants Sylar to go ice skating. Set in the same universe as On Lockdown, and is probably best understood after reading that.
Disclaimer: I admit it! I made it up!
Notes: For aelora, at Christmas. ♥

Sylar hated ice skating. He’d hated it growing up, when all the other kids would make fun of him when he fell, and he hated it now. But Mohinder had said it meant the world to Molly to go ice skating in Rockefeller Center, and “who knows, maybe she’ll even come to like you enough that I can allow you to stay over soon.” It was on this possibility that Sylar agreed to come.

Mohinder was wrong, though, because Matt had come too, and Molly had chosen to run off with him for the day.

“This was your brilliant idea,” Sylar complained when Mohinder helped him up for what felt like the thirtieth time.

“You just need to work on your balance,” Mohinder supplied, placing a hand on each of Sylar’s sides from behind. “Now, glide out with this foot, but still keep some of your weight here,” he instructed.

“If you wanted an excuse to fondle me, Doctor, you could’ve just said something.”

Mohinder circled around Sylar and turned to face him. He leaned forward slowly, making sure they both kept their balance, and kissed him. Sylar placed one hand on Mohinder’s cheek and deepened the kiss. Mohinder’s lips parted invitingly, and Sylar immediately took advantage of the opportunity.

Suddenly their kiss was interrupted by a loud, “Eww!” Mohinder jerked back quickly, too quickly, and toppled backward onto the ice. Molly’s disapproving look changed to a look of horror and she skated over. Matt had been trying to ignore them, along with Molly’s comment, but now he was forced to join them.

“I’m fine,” Mohinder insisted as she offered to help him up.

“Did he push you?” Molly whispered, as if Sylar couldn’t hear her.

“Don’t be silly, Molly.” He let Sylar help him up, and held onto his hand once he was upright. “Are you two having fun?” he asked Matt.

Matt nodded. “You know, you shouldn’t make mean comments to other people, Molly,” he told her quietly.

Molly made a face.

“You know, I saw you make a really cool turn earlier on the ice,” Sylar interrupted. “I don’t think I’d ever be able to do something like that.”

Molly gave him a suspicious look. “Well, it’s not so hard…” She tried to hide her smile. “Was it this one?” She showed off the move again.

“Wow! I know I could never do that,” Sylar told her. It was most likely true, he could barely skate in a straight line as it was.

Molly seemed a bit happier when she skated off with Matt. “Good work,” Mohinder whispered, still holding Sylar’s hand as they skated.

Sylar didn’t understand why, but he felt warmer for the rest of the afternoon.

THE END

Go here if you'd like to comment on this fic. ♥